Saturday, December 10, 2011

Love square

A wise man (possibly a woman) once said, “The greatest distance in the world is not across the Pacific Ocean, nor is it the distance between life and death, it is when I am standing right in front of you, but you know not of my love for you.”
Ok, I don’t love him. It’s not that serious. It’s more of a crush, a mini crush, since I don’t really know him. In fact, I didn’t really even pay much attention to him last year, when I first transferred to the school. He’s in my English class this year, and I noticed him more. I thought he, Mike, was really cute, that’s about it.
One day, Mike and I were talking. I think it’s the first time that we were talking. I don’t remember what we were talking about, but he asked me if I was here (in the school) last year. I was kind of surprised. It’s not a big school, in fact, it’s a tiny school compared to other schools and I’ve been there for a year, how could he have not known? I told him I was, and I knew his name last year even though we’ve never talked.
He then said, “Oh, I’m sorry. You didn’t exist in my life.” Wow, thanks a lot.

But I was determined not to give up. I tried to talk to him any chance I’ve got, which unfortunately, is never.
I was heartbroken when I heard that he likes this girl, not just simply like, he really liked her. He’s liked her for two years. This girl happened to be a fan girl of Joey’s. I guess that’s probably the reason Mike never asked her out.
I was at my locker, talking to Joey, when Brenna, his fan girl walked up and started blabbing to him. Mike, seeing Brenna, walked up and tried to get her attention. So I was like, “Mike, blah, blah, blah.....”trying to get his attention, and Mike was like, “Brenna, blah, blah, blah.....”trying to get her attention, and of course, Brenna is all like, “Joey, blah, blah, blah....” trying to get his attention, and Joey is just standing there, drinking from his water bottle. It’s like a love square; no one can have the person they want. I like Mike, Mike is in love with Brenna, and Brenna is crushing hard on Joey. And Joey is hopelessly in love with himself.
I’m trying to talk to Mike, Mike is trying to talk to Brenna, Brenna is trying to talk to Joey, and Joey is just there, drinking water. Brenna is totally oblivious to Mike’s attempt to talk to her, and Mike is glancing at me every few minutes, giving me a look that says, why the hell are you talking to me when I’m trying to talk to Brenna? Joey is separate from the world, lost in his own little island of self affection.

Mike finally got the courage to ask Brenna out, and she agreed. Now Mike and Brenna have each other, Joey has himself, and I’m all alone on my own little desert island with no one, picking up the scatter pieces of my broken heart.

I hate love squares.

1 comment: